Food Bank for the Heartland is committed to building a team that has a passion for eliminating hunger. If you like a fast-paced environment, are team-oriented and love a challenge, then this is the organization for you.
Driver – Class A CDL
Driver – Class B CDL
Iowa Food Assistance Intake Specialist
Kids Cruisin’ Kitchen Driver
SNAP Direct Service Specialist
To apply for an open position, please submit a completed employment application form and background check release form to La Ronda Birch at Applications@FoodBankHeartland.org.
Food Bank employment application
Background check release form
Food Bank for the Heartland
10525 J Street
Omaha, NE 68127
Food Bank for the Heartland will not sell or trade its donor’s personal information to any person or entity.
Food Bank for the Heartland will periodically use a third party to communicate with its donors. This third party certifies to the Food Bank that they will use the name and address information only to communicate with the donor for the Food Bank.
The privacy Food Bank for the Heartland donor’s personal information is very important and the Food Bank takes its fiduciary responsibility in protecting its donor’s personal information very seriously.
A Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use
donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the
donors will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share. (Food Bank for the Heartland does not sell or trade its donors’ personal
information. The Food Bank will periodically use a third party to communicate only with its donors.)
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and
© 2011, Association of Fundraising Professionals
(AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission
from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.